Sports vision training offers athletes a way to strengthen their visual skills to improve athletic performance. Just as you can’t slack off from cardio and muscle-building exercises, your eyesight also benefits from staying in top shape. Sports vision therapy sharpens your visual focus and more, boosting your speed, coordination, balance and overall performance.
Vision Therapy to Strengthen Eyesight
Our eye doctors in Citrus Heights, Gold River, Rocklin and Folsom use a range of conditioning techniques to exercise different parts of your visual system. We use advanced sports vision technologies to enhance the following:
- Dynamic Visual Acuity: enables a sustained focus on quickly moving objects
- Coordination: the coordinated processing of hand-eye-foot motor skills
- Peripheral Awareness: perception of the sidelines in your field of vision
- Depth Perception: fine-tunes spatial judgement
- Contrast Sensitivity: helps to differentiate between light and dark shades
- Color Vision: precise perception of colors helps with interpreting subtle environmental features
Winning Results of Sports Vision Therapy
The goal of our vision therapy program is to maximize your visual skills, even if you naturally have 20/20 vision. The eye exercises we recommend can help you to:
- Stay sharp and focused throughout long games
- Make faster decisions under pressure
- Boost awareness of what’s happening around you
- Strengthen your multitasking abilities
- Enhance mental concentration, even at rapid speeds
- Speed up your visual processing
What Sports Do You Play?
Our eye care specialists in Citrus Heights, Gold River, Rocklin and Folsom will custom-design your sports vision therapy exercises to optimize the visual skill set you need to excel at your favorite game.
At EYEcenter Optometric, we put your family’s needs first. Talk to us about how we can help you maintain healthy vision. Call us today: 916-727-6518 or book an appointment online to see one of our Citrus Heights eye doctors.
Want to Learn More? Read on!