EYEcenter Optometric | Vision Therapy Services in Citrus Heights, CA
With doctor-prescribed, individualized vision exercises and activities, patients graduate from our program with a vast improvement in visual processing which often correlates with a heightened school performance and positive self-esteem.
- Smart in everything but school
- Frequently loses place or skips words when reading
- Squinting, eye rubbing or excessive blinking
- Headaches, dizziness or nausea after reading
- Short attention span
- Fatigue, frustration or stress doing schoolwork
- Labeled dyslexic/ADD/behavioral problem
- Poor reading comprehension or fluency
- Difficulty copying from the board
- Double vision/images go “in and out” of focus
Who can benefit from vision therapy?
An effective method of treatment for patients of all ages and for many conditions that affect the visual system, including but not limited to:
- Oculomotor dysfunction (eye movement disorders)
- Accommodative disorders (eye focusing disorders)
- Non-strabismic binocular disorders (eye teaming disorders)
- Strabismus (crossed eyes)
- Amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Visual sequelae of acquired brain injury (stroke or concussion)
- Visual information processing disorders
These vision problems are treatable!
Does your child fit any of the above symptoms? Take our Vision Therapy Assessment here!
Over Fifty Years of Success
The vision therapy department has been an established part of EYEcenter for over fifty years. We receive referrals from many professionals, including optometrists, physicians, psychologists, educators and rehabilitation specialists for the diagnosis and treatment of conditions in the following areas: eye muscle weaknesses including tracking, eye alignment and focusing; visual information processing; and vision-related learning issues.
Vision & Learning
Contrary to popular notion, vision and sight are not one in the same. Sight is how clearly you see at various distances, ie "20/20," and vision refers to what does your brain do with what it sees. Since reading is the process by which all other subjects are learned, it is critically important for both vision and sight to be in correct working order. 20/20 only tells you part of the story--in order to evaluate your child's full visual system, they should have a specialized eye exam by a developmental optometrist. Read More
Approximately 2/3 of our patients are referred to us by teachers, learning disability specialists, and other educators. The other third are patients that come into our practice on their own. We have a standardized questionnaire called CISS (conversion insufficiency signs and symptoms).
All parents of children 18 years of age and younger are given this questionnaire so we can pinpoint those kids who are having problems. A score of 15 or less on that questionnaire is considered normal. A score of 16-20 is borderline. This is a child who needs to be monitored for frustration with reading and learning. Any score above 20 means the child's vision is definitely adversely impacting their ability to read and learn. Read More
The benefits are life-changing. Just a few weeks ago I had a parent come in and say “I am bringing my grandson in to see you for vision therapy. You did such wonderful work with my son 25 years ago and it was a turning point in his life in fourth grade. He was a non-reader and hated reading. Today he is a practicing physician. I want you to check my grandson. I told her that I was so happy I had a positive influence on your son. She responded “No, you don’t understand. That was the tipping point for him. He hating reading and therefore hated school, and was very frustrated. After vision therapy, he started picking up reading, really enjoying it, and ended up going to med school!” Read More
EYEcenter is proud to partner with RightEye
to help assess visual issues that could be affecting your child’s ability to learn
We are excited to introduce RightEye, the eye-tracking technology that will help EYEcenter’s vision therapy department better assess, diagnose and quantify visual processing issues in patients of all ages and vision levels. RightEye’s eye-tracking tests and training can provide EYEcenter optometrists with a total view of their patient’s vision health in just minutes. Numerous studies conducted by optometrists have indicated that eye movement, specifically tracking and measuring eye movement, can be helpful in identifying various health and particularly vision conditions.
RightEye combines over 40 years of eye-tracking research and vision science with an innovative technology platform. RightEye tests replace current manual, subjective tests and give us an objective, quantitative report of vision, as it is tracked and logged in real time. Since many health and vision conditions are identified through eye movement, RightEye can help us address your vision like we’ve never been able to before.
What can RightEye eye tracked vision tests tell you?
• monitor eye movements uncovering vision and health issues
• provide baseline concussion tests
• monitor recovery and treatment impact
• improve athletic performance by identifying vision strengths and weaknesses
• detect early indicators of autism and Parkinson’s disease
• identify binocular vision issues that impede reading, vision, and learning
• inefficiencies are detected RightEye reports provide objective, online access to visualizations and precise metrics against age-based norms for general population or elite
One of the nicest aspects of RightEye’s methodology is that it affords eye care professionals the opportunity to get results almost immediately. RightEye records patient’s eye movements and simultaneously compares them with a broader cross-section of society to determine whether an eye condition exists or not. RightEye results generate an online report that includes the test results, peer-group comparisons and potentially recommendations for various eye exercises. Click here to learn more about what RightEye can do for you. Ask us about RightEye today!
Right Eye Tracking Results, Before and After Vision Therapy
What is Vivid Vision?
Play exciting virtual reality games to treat lazy eye
- Designed for amblyopia, strabismus, and convergence disorders
- Designed for all ages — both kids and adults
- Use conveniently at EYEcenter under doctor supervision
- Interactive and exciting exercises and vision assessments
Office Hours & Locations
Vision Therapy Clinic at our Citrus Heights Location!