EYEcenter Optometric ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
Monday and Tuesday: 8 am – 5 pm (Midtown location: 10 am – 7 pm on Tuesday)
Wednesday: 10 am – 7 pm
Thursday: 9 am – 6 pm
Friday: 7 am – 4 pm
Saturday: 8 am – 4 pm (Midtown location closed Saturdays)
Starting Monday, June 15th, all five EYEcenter locations will be returning to our regular business hours for routine eye health and vision needs based upon recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and directives from Governor Newsom’s office. For the health and safety of you and our staff we must limit groups of visitors to two per household, and ask that you come alone to your appointment unless absolutely necessary.
Your doctors and staff at EYEcenter will continue to provide you with state of the art, advanced eye care services that you are used to. What will be different as part of our “new normal” will be policies, procedures, and safeguards that all are intended to ensure the health and wellbeing of our patients, doctors, and staff.
As COVID-19 continues to impact our communities, we may experience some delays beyond normal in getting your materials to you within our estimated timelines. We thank you for your understanding and support as we move forward through these unprecedented times.
If you need to reschedule your existing appointment or are in need of a medical visit or special testing, please give us a call.
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
What you can expect at your next visit
- Your temperature will be taken when entering the building.
- All patients must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire upon arrival at the practice.
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a minor and require adult supervision then we will allow one caregiver inside with the child.
- Patients may be asked to wait in their car for their appointment, depending on how many people are in the practice at any given time
- We ask that upon entering our clinic, that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer
- Anyone who enters the building will be required to wear a face mask. If a patient does not have a mask, one may be purchased for $2.
- We may ask you to reschedule your appointment if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
- Curbside pick up for glasses and contact lenses is available upon request
Steps EYEcenter is taking
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the front check-in desk
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including masks
- Each pre-testing and examination room is disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs
- Limiting the total number of patients in the office or any area at one time
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc… and will be disinfecting these as often as possible
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient
- Touchless payment transactions when possible
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day.
- Discussions with doctors and staff will be kept to a minimum. Follow up phone calls or telehealth video conferencing will be used as often as possible
- Ensuring a fever-free environment by taking temperatures of every employee and customer that comes in the office
We will make every element of the patient experience both effective, efficient and as safe as possible as we all have the same goal: to provide you with excellence in eye care in the safest way possible.
Please contact our office to schedule your eye care services at 916-726-1818 or visit our website at www.eyecenteroptometric.com for the latest updates and business hours. We also welcome your family members, friends and co-workers who are in need to eye and vision care.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our practice.
Drs. Lee, Fuerst, Gittins and Coen, and the entire staff at EYEcenter