When taken care of properly, contact lenses can be the most comfortable, clear, and convenient way to see for people who need vision correction. But on the flipside, when you don’t care for your contact lenses properly, they can be painful and cause damage to the health of your eyes. Our eye doctors in Citrus Heights, Gold River, Rocklin, Folsom, and Sacramento, California , share the following guidelines on the best practices for taking care of contacts!
- Wash your hands with soap and water before touching your contact lenses, and dry with a lint-free towel
- Clean and disinfect your contact lenses after removal and before you insert them back into your eyes
- Use the disinfectant recommended by your eye doctor
- Rub and rinse your contacts to clean them, no matter what type of disinfectant olution you use
- Don’t touch the tip of the solution bottle to any other surface, and keep it closed when not in use
- Follow the contact lenses wearing schedule that your eye doctor gave you; don’t wear daily lenses to sleep!
- Never rewet your lenses with saliva, only use rewetting eye drops
- Never store your contacts or rinse your contact lens case in tap water
Is it time for a new pair of contact lenses?
Contacts can actually warp over time, and your cornea can also change shape. Visit your eye doctor in Citrus Heights, Gold River, Rocklin, Folsom, and Sacramento, California , regularly to verify that your contacts still provide a healthy fit and your prescription still satisfies your visual needs.
At EYEcenter Optometric, we put your family's needs first. Talk to us about how we can help you maintain healthy vision. Call us today: 916-727-6518 or book an appointment online to see one of our Citrus Heights eye doctors.
Want to Learn More? Read on!