Between all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, you can spend a lot of money. Gifts, parties, clothes, travel – the list goes on and on! This is definitely a time of year when you don’t want to leave money sitting on the table.
Yet, that is exactly what hundreds of families around the country do each year by not using their Flexible Spending Accounts or vision benefits before they expire at the end of the year. EYEcenter doesn’t want you to leave money on the table. Here are a few ways you can make the most of your time and money to maximize your savings:
- For starters, ask yourself a few questions:
- Do I have vision insurance? Do I have something like “VSP, Eyemed, or Superior,” to name a few?
- If I don’t have separate vision insurance, do I have medical insurance that might cover an eye exam?
- Do I have an FSA or HSA account, and does it expire by at the end of 2018?
- Use your benefits! Maybe you have 20/20 vision, or maybe you need correction of some kind. Regardless, if you haven’t had an eye exam in a year, you need to have one. Better yet, if you have the coverage for an eye exam, why not take advantage of your insurance covering this visit? Parents, have you checked to see if you have coverage for your kids on your insurance plans? This is a great time of year to make sure that ALL of your children have had their annual eye exams.
- Money to burn? Many individuals and families find themselves with extra dollars in their flexible spending accounts that they need to find a use for. Your eye doctor at EYEcenter is a great place to use that money to get a backup pair of glasses, prescription sunglasses, contacts. Did you know you can also pay for Lipiflow dry eye treatment from your flex spending account? Call us and ask for more information or to schedule a screening.
- Don’t delay– it’s already Thanksgiving time! (Can you believe it?) That means the countdown is on. We’d hate to see our patients lose out on their money because they waited too long before the holiday rush came.
EYEcenter deals with insurance and flex spending day-in and day-out for our patients. We can help you understand your plan and help you find answers to what is covered by your plan. We also understand that December is an important time of year to make sure you don’t let these benefits expire and we are happy to help you use those benefits on services and items that will enhance your vision and eye health.
Call us to schedule an appointment today, and remember when it comes to your FSA account–you use it, or you lose it!